There is one very simple way to make sure you eat delicious, healthful food every day of the year: eat local, in-season, farm-fresh produce.
This information-packed book offers up sound nutrition advice on why eating delicious fresh fruits and vegetables will help you live longer, feel better, and keep the weight off. EatingWell’s Test Kitchen delivers more than 100 new recipes that star fresh produce, such as Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower, Pork Roast with Walnut-Pomegranate Filling, and Caramelized Pear Bread Pudding (for a sample of fall recipes). Divided up by season, the recipes celebrate the freshest ingredients. They are EatingWell-tested, so they are easily reproduced by home cooks, and meet stringent nutritional guidelines.
In this book you will also find:
- More than 100 recipes starring fresh seasonal vegetables and fruits in delicious, simple preparations.
- Tips on how to freeze, preserve, and find other ways to store bumper crops.
- Techniques for roasting peppers, peeling mangoes, and other ways to prepare your farm finds.
- Top tools every farm-fresh kitchen needs, from herb savers to cherry pitters.
- Nutrient guidelines for your favorite foods and what healthful properties they bring to the plate.
- Plus, you’ll meet some of the local farmers who are passionate about their specialty crops, read about America’s top farmers’ markets, learn how to plant a kitchen garden, and more.
- While many cookbooks celebrate the seasons, none offers the proven, delicious recipes, science-based nutrition, practical advice, and hands-on tips that EatingWell in Season: The Farmers’ Market Cookbook does.
DID YOU KNOW...
- In the past 10 years, the number of farmers’ markets in the U.S. has grown from 2,410 to more than 4,300?
- Fruits and vegetables picked at their prime ripeness have more nutrients?
- The best way to get the antioxidants you need is to fill your plate with fresh foods of all different colors (examples: blueberries, green beans, and corn)?
- Blanching vegetables—dropping them into boiling water for a minute or two and then into an ice bath—helps brighten and hold their color?
There are no comments for this product. CLICK HERE to be the first one to share your opinion!|
to rate this product