2010 James Beard Award Winner!
Tables at Sfoglia in Manhattan and Nantucket are much sought-after by the fans of the restaurant's authentic and delicious cuisine. Now you won't have to wait for a table at Sfoglia. With Pasta Sfoglia, you can prepare its master recipes right in your own kitchen. Here, for the first time, chef-owners Ron and Colleen share recipes from their kitchen, enabling home cooks to make sophisticated pasta dishes with efficiency and ease.
Beautifully illustrated in full color, Pasta Sfoglia lets you
- Use the step-by-step instructions to create perfect pasta-the Sfoglia way
- Experience dishes ranging from the traditional (Nonna's Sunday Rag?) to the new and distinctive (Goat's Milk Cheese, Spinach, Cappellacci, Golden Raisins, Saffron Butter)
- Dive into the 111 rich and flavorful recipes for every kind of pasta dish-including fresh, dry, and filled pasta, dumplings, and grains
- Discover the authors' secret methods, such as cooking pasta in boiling water seasoned with salt and using the pasta water in some recipes to enhance the dish
- Create startling new flavors simply and quickly, using strawberries, balsamic vinegar, and San Marzano tomatoes or fresh figs, hazelnuts, and basil
- Learn the trick to creating your own fresh pasta, using a food processor to make the dough and an electric pasta maker to roll out the uncut sheet of pasta
- Improve your preparation with tips on choosing the best ingredients, picking alternate ingredients, and information about the origin of each dish
- Enhance your enjoyment of the recipes through the authors' entertaining stories of how their food and travel experiences in Italy, Nantucket, and New York inspired their recipes
If you love pasta and cuisine grounded in loving traditions and uncompromised flavor, Pasta Sfoglia is the perfect collection to inspire you to bring your own traditions to the table.
There are no comments for this product. CLICK HERE to be the first one to share your opinion!|
to rate this product