In her newest slow cooker cookbook, Judith Finlayson combines the convenience and benefits of this handy appliance with her terrific recipes for home-cooked family favorites.
Many of these healthy and robust dishes have retro appeal, while others meet the challenges of contemporary tastes and preferences. All are delicious and innovative, and once the slow cooker is turned on, the only chore left is to serve the piping-hot dish. With these recipes and a slow cooker, any home chef can be away from the kitchen all day and return to a hot, delicious ready-to-serve meal for the whole family.
Slow Cooker Comfort Food includes such sure-fire hits as:
- Soothing appetizers like cheddar-onion melt
- Comforting soups like classic cream of mushroom
- Hearty stews, such as wine-soaked beef bourguignon
- The sumptuous Mom's chicken 'n' dumplings
- Cumin-spiced potatoes or East-meets-West pot roast to ward off a winter's chill
- Decadent and delicious desserts like chocolate bread-and butter pudding or caramelized apple upside-down spice cake.
Also included are creative make-ahead ideas with tips and techniques that maximize the potential of the slow cooker and assure outstanding results every time.
There are no comments for this product. CLICK HERE to be the first one to share your opinion!|
to rate this product