2005 James Beard Award Winner!--Single Subject
2005 IACP Award Winner--Single Subject Category!
The art of braising comes down to us from the earliest days of cooking, when ingredients were enclosed in a heavy pot and buried in the hot embers of a dying fire until tender and bathed in a deliciously concentrated sauce. Today, braising remains as popular and as uncomplicated as ever. Molly Stevens's All About Braising is a comprehensive guide to this versatile way of cooking written to instruct a cook at any level. Everything you need to know is here, including:
- a thorough explanation of the principles of good braising with helpful advice on the best cuts of meat, the right choice of fish and vegetables, and the right pot
- 125 reliable, easy-to-follow recipes for meat, poultry, seafood, and vegetables, ranging from quick-braised weeknight dishes to slow-cooked weekend braises
- planning tips to highlight the fact that braised foods taste just as good, if not even better, as leftovers
- a variety of enlightened wine suggestions for any size pocketbook with each recipe.
- 16 color photographs, 50 line drawings.
There are no comments for this product. CLICK HERE to be the first one to share your opinion!|
to rate this product