Healthy Choice Chunky Tomato, Mushroom and Garlic Pasta Sauce
"...If you like your marinara sauce with big chunks of veggies in it, then this is the one you'll want to make. The canned tomatoes, plus fresh mushrooms, onion and garlic make for a thicker sauce that works great over your favorite pasta creation"
This Recipe was taken from: Low-Fat Top Secret Recipes
Todd Wilbur, the irrepressible restaurant recipe knock-off artist, is back. Thanks to Wilbur's latest Top Secret Mission-to re-create some of America's most popular food products without the fat-readers can now feast guilt-free.
Copyright Todd Wilbur.
Reprinted from Low-Fat Top Secret Recipes with permission of Penguin Putnam, Inc., New York, New York.
- 2 10 3/4-ounce cans tomato puree
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chopped canned tomatoes
- 3/4 cup sliced white button mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup minced white onion
- 5 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano,
- dash ground black pepper
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium/high heat and
bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until
sauce is thick.
Nutrition Facts: Serving Size: 1/2 cup; Total Servings: 5;
Fat(per serving) 0 g.; Calories (per serving) 45.
Makes 2 1/2 Cups